Tuesday, January 11, 2011

49 days... 13 hours...

Since my last post!
I know, I am horrible.  The holidays were just so hectic.  I couldn't find my sanity, let alone the composure to post, so I took some time off.  We went on vacation the 2nd week of December and that made it even harder.  Excuses, excuses... I know.
So... an update.
We are all doing great.  I am still eating Vegan and going strong.  I feel great, with little or no pains (and I've lost 8+ lbs!)!  It was amazing how quickly I started to feel better.  Within a week I noticed a big difference.  It was like my body took a breath of fresh air, in relief of not having the food my body can't handle anymore.  Here are a few things I have been eating, since going vegan...
French toast (instead of eggs we use banana, rice milk and cinnamon, blended up).
The only syrup we use, the real thing.  Yum!
The complete french toast.  We also have a smoothie every morning.  Now they are green (fruit, greens, pure pomegranate juice, flax seed, vitamins).
Some delicious pasta my madre made.
One of my favorite lunches (whole wheat, avocado, tomato, lemon juice and cracked pepper).

Some delicious "sushi" I had in California (brown rice and vegetables.  why doesn't Utah use more brown rice?).
Spicy fries (baked with cajun, chili powder and pepper).

Garlic mashed potatoes (rice milk, onion, garlic and pepper).

Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies (made with no oils, no dairy, no eggs and they are still delicious!)  Mine and Devarian's favorite; Ty is not a fan of pumpkin.  I'll have to take a pic of the completed look.

     I am really enjoying trying new recipes and finding new ways to make our favorites.  This is definitely something I plan on doing for the long haul and now that I have done it this long, I know it is possible.

I hope everyone's holidays were wonderful, while wishing everyone a happy and healthy new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment